Fulton County Sheriff press release on high speed chase
The city of Thayer hosted a Spring Fair with rides and games provided by Miller Expo, LLC.
Horseshoe Bend had their 31st annual Dogwood Days on Saturday, May 13. There were many vendors and lots of smiling faces to see.
Various locations of Oregon County were majorly affected by the flooding that ran rampant in the area April 29-30.
April showers brings May washout - Check out photos from the flood in Sharp County that occurred April 29-30, 2017.
- NJCAA lifts probationary status for MSUThe Missouri State University-West Plains Grizzly Basketball and Volleyball programs are no longer on probation by the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA). In a letter dated June 8, NJCAA President Bryce Roderick informed university officials that the NJCAA Executive Committee voted to lift the programs’ probationary status, which had been imposed for the 2016-17 academic year following the university’s self-reporting of several rules violations in March 2016. ...
- MDC’s Discover Nature Fishing offers plenty of fun for young anglers (7/20/17)
- MDC offers adult all-online hunter education course (7/20/17)
- Cherokee Village Horseshoe Pitching Association (7/20/17)
- Cherokee Village Men’s Golf Association Membership (7/20/17)
- Stan Jones appointed to Arkansas Game and Fish Commission (7/20/17)
- Rolland-Jones makes Bednarik watch list (7/20/17)
Column: Remembering Those Who Came Home (6/1/17)Veterans are often associated with post-traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD. Even though it is common knowledge, it isn’t often connected with the real struggle that our veterans face upon returning...
Editorial: Communities Coming Together (5/17/17)Community is defined a couple of different ways. The first definition is, “a group of people living in the same place or having a particular characteristic in common.” This is a pretty basic and...
Death Notices (7/20/17)Monte Joe Dillon, 67, of Viola, Ark., died July 6 in Viola. Arrangements are under the direction of Barker Funeral Home in Salem, Ark. Elzabeth Lee (Cook) Auten, 80, of Salem, Ark., died July 7 at...
Mary “Nancy” Copeland (7/20/17)Mary “Nancy” Copeland, 72 year old resident of Siloam Springs, Ark., died July 10, 2017 in Fayetteville, Ark. She was born July 30, 1944 in Union, Ark. to Jesse Ray Copeland and Ruth Franks Copeland....
Urcell Gene Cochran (7/20/17)Urcell Gene Cochran, age 80, of Moran, Kan. passed away Friday, July 14, 2017 at Allen County Regional Hospital. Gene was born July 27, 1936 in Viola, Ark. to James Harold and Bircha Mae (Dawson)...
Help WantedSECRETARY NEEDED. Must be computer literate and able to use Word and Word Perfect Software. Full time preferred, part time optional. Send resume to: PO Box 747, Salem, AR 72576
Houses for RentFOR RENT in Thayer. Nice 3-bed., 2-bath, double wide at edge of town. $500/rent, $500/security deposit. (417)280-1411.
Four-Wheel Drives2006 F250 Ford 4x4, good condition, all new brakes, power stroke diesel, Lariat Super duty, 160,000miles, $10,500, (870)736-5340.
Farm EquipmentDISC CUTTER, New Holland H6750, 9ft. good condition, $4500. (870)736-5340.