- Tracking trumpeter swan leads back to Iowa research groupTeamwork between wildlife photographers, birders and others around the country determined that a collared trumpeter swan spotted in Cleburne County recently was part of a tracking survey that began last summer in Iowa. As Karen Rowe, the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission’s nongame migratory bird program coordinator, said, “It literally took a village to find out where this bird had originated.”...
- Armorel no problem for Izard County (2/14/18)
- Norfork wins two at Dawg Pound (2/14/18)
- Mammoth Spring wins two at Lead Hill (2/14/18)
- Junior Cougars, Junior Lady Longhorns capture district titles (2/14/18)
- Panthers claw way to sole possession of SCA’s top spot (2/14/18)
- Make it 48 straight and five consecutive titles for Cougars (2/7/18)
Death Notices (2/14/18)Tracy Lee Collins, 37, of Thayer, Mo., died Feb. 1 at his home. Arrangements are under the direction of Clary Funeral Home in Thayer. Kathy Ann Warren, 82, of Sturkie, Ark., died Feb. 3 at her home....
Tempa Kae (Gould) Worsham (2/14/18)Tempa Kae (Gould) Worsham, 70, of Viola, Ark., passed away, Friday, Feb. 2, 2018 at Baxter Regional Medical Center in Mountain Home, Ark. She was born in Pomona, Mo. on July 14, 1947, daughter of...
Dortha Isabelle Crase (2/14/18)Dortha Isabelle Crase was born the daughter of Clarence Lassiter and Bertha Lee Whiteside Lassiter on July 12, 1931, in Fulton County, Ark., and departed this life Feb. 4, 2018, in Pueblo, Colo., at...
Anniversary: Todds celebrate 50 years (1/17/18)A 50th Wedding Anniversary celebration of Junior and Sue Todd, will be held Saturday, Jan. 20 from 1 to 3 p.m. at the Mammoth Spring Senior Center. Junior and Sue’s children: Jennifer Doss, Angela...
Anniversary: Henleys to celebrate 50 years of marriage (1/3/18)Byron and Sue Henley of Cherokee Village will celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary Jan. 5. They were married in Memphis while college students and lived in Kansas City for many years before...
Four-Wheel Drives1995 F150 4WD 184,000 actual miles, extended cab, automatic transmission, air, new tires, tow package. 870-404-2552.
Houses for RentRENT-LEASE NICE 2-bed, 1-1/2-bath overlooking quiet Lake Thunderbird Cove, small walkout patio, laundry hookups, dishwasher, wood stove and propane heat, large carport, separate shop/shed, raised garden area. $540/month, deposit. Gloria 870-625-0106.
Lost & FoundMISSING SMALL female black bloodhound on Nine Mile Ridge. May have been shot on Seagraves. Reward for helpful information. (772)217-7070.
Farm Equipment1948 ALLIS CHALMER "G" runs great, has a belly mower and is still used to mow. Fun tractor, one of the first garden tractors. $3,000. (870)955-0946