- Thayer Bobcats advance in playoffs on road at South Callaway 42-15On Nov. 21, the Thayer Bobcats (11-1) had a successful long road trip to South Callaway and brought home a 42-15 victory to advance in the playoffs to face the Windsor Greyhounds (13-0) at home on Nov. 28. The Bobcats got on the scoreboard first at the 5:07 mark in the first quarter on a run by quarterback Jayce Haven and let 7-0 after the extra point attempt was successful. ...
- Catch a rainbow for Thanksgiving (11/24/20)
- Thayer Bobcats make 2020 All-SCA Football Team (11/24/20)
- Basketball updates for MSHS (11/24/20)
- AGFC director announces retirement (11/18/20)
- Arkansas standout Larson signs with Eagles XC and Track (11/18/20)
- Free CWD tests for Arkansas deer hunters (11/18/20)
Column: House of Representatives (11/18/20)The 2021 Regular Session begins in less than two months. We want to take this week to update you on the ongoing budget hearings in preparation for the session. Pre-session budget hearings have been...
Column: Capitol Week in Review (11/18/20)The governor presented a balanced budget proposal to the legislature for next fiscal year. It would authorize about $5.8 billion next year in spending from the state’s general revenue fund, about...
Column: Legislative Win for Conservation (11/18/20)Arkansas is blessed with a wonderful landscape and incredible wildlife that people from all across the country come to our state to enjoy. Preserving and protecting our environment is vital to...
Herbert Gwinn Stover III (11/18/20)Herbert Gwinn Stover lll (Smokey), 90, of Thayer, Mo., passed peacefully from this earth on Nov. 13, 2020. Smokey was born at home on June 11, 1930 in Baltimore, Md. to Herbert Gwinn Stover ll (Jr)...
Betty Jean (Taylor) Griffith (11/18/20)Betty Jean (Taylor) Griffith was born on July 14, 1927, in Mammoth Spring, Ark. to the union of Hubert John Taylor and Virgie (Miller) Taylor, and passed away on Nov. 12, 2020, in Mountain View, Mo.,...
Glenna Vernell (Fowler) Downum (11/18/20)Glenna Vernell (Fowler) Downum, 83, of Viola, Ark. passed from this life on Saturday, Nov. 7, 2020 in Batesville, Ark. Vernell was born Sept. 19, 1937 to Arnold L. Fowler and Sallie E. (Threlkeld)...
Help WantedCAVE CITY Nursing Home is currently accepting applications for dependable, hardworking and self-motivated candidates for Certified Nursing Aides for evening shifts. Please apply in person at 442 Taylor Circle, Cave City. No phone calls please, EOE.
LivestockWEANED HOLSTEIN Bull calves for sale at farm 417-264-4900 day, 417-938-4308 nights and weekends.
Help WantedSHADY OAKS HEALTHCARE is accepting applications for nurse aides. Free classes offered for certification. We offer very competitive wages and flexible scheduling. Benefits package available. Apply in person or contact Lynsey Miller, RN Director of Nursing at (417)264-7256. EOE
LotsSPRING RIVER Acreage 3.76 acres, Hardy. 89' river frontage 150' road frontage, septic, water and power available, $22,500. Call (423)746-2879.