The city of Thayer hosted a Spring Fair with rides and games provided by Miller Expo, LLC.
Horseshoe Bend had their 31st annual Dogwood Days on Saturday, May 13. There were many vendors and lots of smiling faces to see.
Various locations of Oregon County were majorly affected by the flooding that ran rampant in the area April 29-30.
April showers brings May washout - Check out photos from the flood in Sharp County that occurred April 29-30, 2017.
- Pocket sized miniature horse born in Mt. PleasantPocket, the miniature horse, was born on Saturday, May 6, in Mt. Pleasant. Because of his tiny stature, they named him Pocket, as in something that is “pocket sized.” He’s the smallest miniature horse that the owners, Chris and Jeannie Zirkle, have ever bred out of the five babies that they have yielded. ...
- Lamb and Weaver win big at fishing tournament (5/17/17)
- Falco sets new PR; 6th at Meet of Champs (5/17/17)
- Concord knocks off Lady Cougars in second round of state play (5/17/17)
- Longhorns open state round with back-to-back shutouts (5/17/17)
- Lady Hounds fall in wild battle with Pangburn (5/17/17)
- Couch duo to hit the Pioneer trail (5/17/17)
Death Notices (5/24/17)Lloyd Spencer, 100, formerly of Cherokee Village, Ark. died Dec. 7, 2016 in Yorkville, Ill. The family service will be held on June 3. Fonda Ellen Repp, 79, of O’Fallon, Mo., formerly of Alton, Mo.,...
Ronald Leon Keylon (5/24/17)Ronald Leon Keylon was born the son of Leon Keylon and Vondera (Hartgraves) Keylon, on Feb. 22, 1951, in Mammoth Spring, Ark. and died May 18, 2017, in Little Rock, at the age of 66 years. He was...
Fonda Ellen Repp (5/24/17)Fonda Ellen Repp, 79, passed away on April 26, 2017 in O’Fallon, Mo. surrounded by her loving family. She was born in Alton, Mo. Beloved wife of Clarence for 58 years; cherished mother of Dronda Repp...
Anniversary: Zuels celebrate 60 years (3/22/17)Cherokee Village residents Art and Elaine Zuel celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary Feb. 18 at Gramma's Country Kitchen in Hardy. According to Rocky McCollum, a local minister, Art had been...
Anniversary: Andrews to celebrate 50 years (3/22/17)Ronnie and Linda Andrews were married at her parents' home, Clyde and Jessie Mae Madden, on April 1, 1967 by Norman Cozort. Their children, Brenda and husband, Mark and Randy and wife, Angelia,...
Help WantedCAVE CITY Nursing Home is currently seeking dependable, self-motivated LPN for full time position, all shifts. Must have a current Arkansas nursing license. Long term care experience preferred but not required. Please apply in person at 442 Taylor Cir., Cave City. No phone calls please. We look forward to meeting you. EOE
Help WantedTHE SIDNEY Baptist Church is seeking a Bi-Vocational Pastor. Interested parties may reply to Pulpit Committee, 9 Branch St., Cave City, AR 72521.
GeneralCARPORT SALE: Sat. May 27, 8am-2pm, 14 Setting Sun, Cherokee Village. 40 inch TV, and lots of misc.