A Few Clouds ~
Saturday, Dec. 3, 2016
Seven Keys for a Positive LifePosted Tuesday, August 7, 2012, at 3:24 PM
Michael Beckwith is a leader in the "New Thought" movement. In 1986, he founded the Agape International Spiritual Center for those who practice "New Thought -- Ancient Wisdom." He has made appearances on Larry King Live and The Oprah Winfrey Show, participated with the Dalai Lama in a feature-length documentary and is the author of many books.
In his book titled SPIRITUAL LIBERATION, Beckwith devotes a chapter to his seven keys for individuals to experience a positive life, meant to purify the Body, Mind and Spirit.
1) HYDRATION -- Drink plenty of pure water. It's essential to hydrate the physical body, which is also based on the spiritual principle of accessing inner wisdom in order to quench the soul's thirst.
"We are not here to be of no earthly good or to deny the delight of human experiences. Life in its juiciness, its passion, is beautiful." Michael Beckwith
2) NUTRITION -- Eat foods that "have been touched sunlight" and "carry the light of the natural world" to nourish the body. Nourishment of the Spirit is provided by such influences as your friendships, books, movies, conversations, etc. -- these influences imprint your consciousness and become the manner in which you express yourself.
"Our karma can only determine a starting point, but it can never determine our destiny. Our destiny is determined by our attitude and character, which are constantly being formed through our moment-by-moment choices." Michael Beckwith
3) EXERCISE -- Physical exercise is necessary to assimilate what you eat and drink in order to maintain a proper level of vitality. Inner exercise is necessary to obtain and maintain the capacity required to be able to practice your beliefs.
"If you merely collect spiritual information without practicing it, all you will develop is a case of spiritual indigestion and constipation." Michael Beckwith
4) DETOXIFICATION -- Fasting releases toxins from the body, including the digestive system and organs of elimination. If your body permits, it is wise to fast one day per week (drink more liquids, eat less solids). Cleansing is also necessary on the spiritual plane (forgiveness, love) to purify the heart and soul.
"Forgiveness is often what the heart is waiting for in order to release the past and be in the now." Michael Beckwith
5) POSITIVE THOUGHTS -- Negative thoughts create toxins in the immune systems. Positive thoughts are tonics to physical and mental well-being.
"Our incarnation is safe and secure, regardless of outer appearances. Only the ego is insecure." Michael Beckwith
6) SUNLIGHT -- Our bodies are an illusionary mass of electromagnetic energy. Daily exposure to sunlight (at least 20 minutes) absorbs the healing rays of the sun and produces certain vitamins and chemicals within the body. Meditation (and similar practices) internalizes the "light of the soul" allowing us to realize we are luminous beings beyond the frequency of solid matter.
"Everything that is alive requires energetic life force in order to exist." Michael Beckwith
7) REST -- Resting is a form of action permitting the body and mind to regenerate. Being in a state of no-thought calms the nervous system.
"Evolved people understand that there's a celebration going on throughout this great Universe and that a cosmic celebration can be localized within you when you realize that life is not a problem to be solved but a magnificent mystery to be lived." Michael Beckwith
Quote for the Day -- "Your incarnation is your canvas." Michael Beckwith
Bret Burquest is the author of 9 books, including THE REALITY OF THE ILLUSION OF REALITY and 11:11 EARTH TIME (available on Amazon). He lives in the Ozark Mountains with a dog named Buddy Lee and occasionally talks to trees.
Showing most recent comments first
[Show in chronological order instead]
Respond to this blog
Posting a comment requires free registration:
Bret Burquest is a former award-winning columnist for The News (2001-2007) and author of four novels. He has lived in Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Miami, Atlanta, Kansas City, Memphis and the middle of the Arizona desert. After a life of blood, sweat and tears in big cities, he has finally found peace in northern Arkansas where he grows tomatoes, watches sunsets and occasionally shares the Secrets of the Universe (and beyond) with the rest of the world.