Feels like: 8°F
Friday, Mar. 6, 2015
Me and Warren Buffet on the Same PagePosted Thursday, October 27, 2011, at 11:53 AM
There is also the Congressional Act of 2011. The author is an anonymous but one lone blogger has added her ideas as well.
1. No Tenure. Congressman collect their salaries while in office and collect a small portion of their pay when they are out of office in accordance with Social Security guidelines.
2. Congress (past, present and future) participates in Social Security. All funds in the Congressional Retirement Fund move to Social Security immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.
3. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%, and they will receive the same pay as teachers in the Los Angeles Unified School District. (That ought to fix their wagon.)
4. Congress must equally abide by the laws they impose on the American people.
5. They will not hold the American people hostage over debt ceilings and things like that.
6. They will not talk just to keep the heating bills down.
7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 1/1/12. The American people did not make these contracts with Congressmen. Congressmen made these contacts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their terms then go home and back to work.
Even though our psychologically delayed Congress would never pass this, there are always petitions and ballots and Obama Presidential vetoes with the backing of 99.999% of the American people. Abstainers would include Michelle Bachmann, the Koch brothers, Texas Governor, Rick Perry and soon-to-be ex Wisconsin Governor, Scott Walker, as he rides along the coattails of the Koch brothers during his last months in office. Aside from offing bin Laden, it would be the highlight of Obama's political career. And outside of his wife and kids, it could be one of the key points of his life.
Showing most recent comments first
[Show in chronological order instead]
I'm Not Crazy -- It's Them
- Blog RSS feed
- Comments RSS feed
- Send email to Gail-Tzipporah Saunders
Behold, I, like many others before me, come forth with a new blog. Mine, however, starts off with posts about the joys and wonders of pepper spray then branches out to other maladies as well.
Hot topicsShantelle Hicks, Planned Parenthood is Looking for You
(7 ~ 11:46 AM, Jun 11)
Scott Walker, Mrahahaha
John Derbyshire was Right, Damn it
Getting out of Dodge, a Cautionary Tale
Geraldo was Right as Rain