Born 1-21-1918 -- Died 11-22-2003
Helen Lucille Hendrickson, 85, of Horseshoe Bend, Ark., formerly of Bloomington died Nov. 22, 2003, at North Arkansas Life Care Center in Horseshoe Bend, Ark.
She was born Jan. 21, 1918, at Breckenridge, Mich., to John William and Edith Leone Palmer DeBolt.
She grew up in Foosland, Ill., and graduated from Fisher High school in Fisher, Ill. She later lived in Gibson City, Chicago, New York City, Harpster and since 1983, in Horseshoe Bend.
She married Lawrence Bernard in 1950 at New York City, and to this union a son, Paul L. Bernard, was born. Lawrence preceded her in death in 1956, and Paul preceded her in death in 2001.
She later married Frances Hendrickson in 1972. He also preceded her in death along with her parents; five brothers -- Dale DeBolt, Elwin (Dorothy) Debolt, Lester (Irene) Debolt, Paul DeBolt and Robert Debolt and four sisters -- Bessie Madeline DeBolt in infancy, Mildred (Walter) Mizorek, Mabel Debolt and Alice (Pete) Hardin.
She worked various civil service secretarial positions throughout her life including Chanute Air Force Base in Rantoul, Ill. She was also a homemaker.
She belonged to First Christian Church of Bloomington, the Ladies Auxiliary of the Eagles Club of Horseshoe Bend, Sweet Adelaines and several bridge clubs. She was devoted to her family and will be greatly missed.
Survivors include two sisters -- Edna (William deceased). Schnittker of Bloomington and Nina (Robert) Marshall of Chicago; one brother, Leonard (Laquita, deceased); Debolt of Horseshoe Bend; two local nieces, Mary (Tom DelForge) Munsion of Normal and Sharon Schuittker of Bloomington; and a sister-in-law, Lou DeBolt of Chicago.
A private memorial service will be held at a later date. Cremation rites were accorded. Burial will be in Acacia Park Cemetery in Chicago at a later date.
Memorials may be made to the First Christian Church of Bloomington.
Arrangements are under the direction of Beck Memorial Service, with local arrangements are under the direction of the Barker Funeral Home in Salem, Ark.