The Missouri Department of Conservation recently announced the following modifications for the upcoming deer and turkey seasons in the Show Me State:
1. Any-deer permits are now available on an open-quota basis statewide; "bucks-only" permits have been discontinued.
2. You no longer have to specify a unit for your any-deer permit because now all any-deer permits are valid for any deer anywhere in Missouri.
3. You may buy first and second bonus deer permits for different units.
4. A new antlerless-only portion of the firearms deer season has been established in December.
5. More units are now open for antlerless-only firearms deer hunting.
6. Adults accompanying youths hunting on a youth deer & turkey hunting permit must wear hunter orange.
7. Deer may not be hunted inside areas enclosed with 7-foot fence.
8. Persons hunting small game or furbearers during some portions of the firearms deer season must wear hunter orange.
9. Permits have a new look and an integral transportation tag. Immediately after harvest (but not before), separate the transportation tag from your permit and attach it to the game. Do not remove the protective backing from the rest of your permit. 10. Apply for managed deer hunts by telephone or on the web. 11. Antlerless-only archery deer hunting permits are now valid in more units.
12. You no longer have to buy an any-deer permit before purchasing bonus deer permits.
13. Nonresident deer and turkey hunting permit fees have increased, and nonresidents from four states must pay a $25 surcharge.