[Nameplate] Fair ~ 63°F  
High: 81°F ~ Low: 53°F
Sunday, May 1, 2016

Mammoth fire

Thursday, December 15, 2005

(Photo)
HOUSE FIRE: The Rexine Stewart residence, located just south of Mammoth Spring at 2200 Main Street, burned to the ground Dec. 6. Mammoth Spring Fire Chief Frank McComas said the fire department received a call about 8:15 p.m. The fire department was at a meeting at the fire house. McComas said it took the fire department three minutes to respond to the call. He said eight firemen, a tanker truck and two firetrucks from the Mammoth Spring VFD as well as a Thayer firetruck responded to the call. The house was completely engulfed in flames when the department arrived. No one was home at the time of the fire. McComas said John Stewart, who lived at the house, lost a Corvette in the fire and the family is missing a family pet, a cat. Photo/ Sisk Lawrence



Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: