The Don and Nancy Alford farm was granted Century Farm designation in 1998. The 160-acre farm has been in the family since 1896. The Alfords live on a larger tract of land which includes the 160 acres. Don's mother, Mae Underwood Alford, still lives on the farm also. The farm has been used primarily for livestock, hay and timber production. Alford's great-grandparents, William and Mary Johnson, purchased the original 160 acres from Charles Ryan Feb. 24. 1896. It was transferred to Don's grandparents, Frank L. and Mary Underwood, Oct. 20, 1920. It was transferred to Don's parents, Floyd and Mae Alford, Oct. 31, 1963, and to Don and Nancy April 23, 1991.