The Arkansas game and Fish Commission will hold a Kids' Fishing Derby for youngsters 12 years old and younger at the Commission's Spring River State Fish Hatchery june 7.
The Spring River State Fish Hatchery is located 2.5 miles south of Mammoth Spring off Highway 342.
Derby hours on June 7 are from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The derby rules are:
* Free fishing for kids 12 years old or younger.
* A limit of three fish per child.
* Only one rod and reel per child.
* Adults must provide supervision, but cannot fish.
* Participants are asked to bring their own bait and tackle.
The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission has a strong commitment to America's youth and is proud to celebrate National Fishing Week by sponsoring what promises to be an unforgettable day of fishing for children.
For more information, contact the hatchery at 877-625-7521. There is no charge for the derby.