MAMMOTH SPRING -- The 115th Old Soldiers, Sailors, Marines and Air Force Reunion will be held Aug. 11 through Aug. 16 at Mammoth Spring State Park. The Mammoth Spring VFW Post 7831 annually sponsors the event.
Entertainment this year at the pavilion on the hill will be:
* Monday, at 7 p.m., Elvis will kick-off the reunion. VFW officials encourage everyone to come out to the pavilion and welcome Elvis.
* On Tuesday evening the Ladies Auxiliary and the VFW will sponsor a talent show for youth and adults. Both shows will be at 7 p.m. Those wanting to be in the talent show do not have to pre-register but are asked to be at the pavilion between 6 and 7 p.m. The prizes for each of the talent shows will be: $75, first place; $50, second place; and $25, third place. This year's chairman for the talent show is Pat Lowmon.
* On Wednesday, Elvis will be back with gospel music at the pavilion.
* Thursday, no entertainment planned.
* Friday evening at the pavilion will be a patriotic evening, "Honoring all Veterans." VFW members encourage all veterans to come out and allow the community to say "thank you." They encourage everyone to wear red. Entertainment will be at 7 p.m. by Jeff and Diane Tharp from Evening Shade.
* Saturday evening at the pavilion, music will be presented by the J.W. Hurtt Band starting at 7 p.m.
The carnival will be open each night at 7 p.m. This year's carnival will be provided by Fun Times Shows. Armbands will be avaliable for $15 each.
Saturday afternoon from 1 to 5 p.m. will be Kids' Day and armbands will be reduced to $12 each. Also on Saturday afternoon, the VFW will be having a drawing for $50. The drawing will be held at the VFW trailer. All children must be present and must have their ticket to win. The drawing will be at 5 p.m.
A Civil War encampment is set for Saturday afternoon at 2 p.m. There will be tours of the encampment, drills and cannon firing demonstrations. The encampment will be presented by the 45th Arkansas Calvary.
Quarter bingo will be played each night starting at 6 p.m.
The Ladies Auxiliary will sponsor a quilt drawing. The quilt was handmade by auxiliary member Joy Duwall. The Ladies Auxillary will also have a gas card giveaway Saturday night at 10 p.m.
The Ladies Auxiliary will have their Rada Knives and cookbooks for sale each evening of the reunion.
The Junior Girls Unit of the Ladies Auxiliary will be selling chances on a quilt made by auxiliary member Betty Kellet. The girls will also be selling chances on Build a Bear and have wristbands for sale.
For more information regarding this year's reunion call: VFW Commander Bob Turner at 870-625-7628, VFW Auxiliary President Dorothy Parks at 870-625-7667 or the Mammoth Spring State Park at 870-625-7364.