[Nameplate] Overcast ~ 60°F  
High: 68°F ~ Low: 51°F
Monday, May 2, 2016

Free trapper permit required in Arkansas this year

Thursday, August 28, 2008

This year, the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission is requiring a free trapper permit for any Arkansas to trap within the state. The permit is required for any resident over the age of 16 in addition to a hunting license.

The resident trapper permit can't be obtained through the regular licensing system and can only be obtained by filling out an online application and printing the permit yourself on the AGFC Web page at www.agfc.com/trapperpermit/ or by calling the AGFC Wildlife Management Division in Little Rock at 800-364-4263 extension 6359, where the staff will enter the person's information in a database and send the person a permit by mail. Some people may have problems printing this permit if their system has a pop-up blocker on it, so that should be disabled first.

Those wishing to trap fox and coyote for sale as live animals must have a resident or non-resident trapper permit, a hunting license and a $25 live fox and coyote permit which can be obtained from the AGFC Licensing Division in Little Rock.

Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: