Cap. Billy E, Chadwick, commanding officer of Troop G of the Missouri State Highway Patrol announced the following totals for the Labor Day holiday period. Troop G troopers participated in Operation C.A.R.E. (Combined Accident Reduction Effort) Aug. 29 through Sept. 1. Troop G troopers working on U.S. 60 also participated in the "15-Mile Trooper Project."
Chadwick said troopers assigned to this operation worked 12-hour shifts to patrol 15-mile intervals on major highways and intersections in the area Aug. 29 and Sept. 1. Finally a DWI saturation project was conducted in Howell County on Aug. 30.
Troop G reported no fatal traffic crashes, investigated seven alcohol-related traffic crashes and investigated 24 traffic crashes on C.A.R.E. designated highways. Troopers made 682 arrests and issued 256 warnings in the nine county Troop G area.
Enforcement totals include:
* One felony DWI.
* 15 misdemeanor DWI arrests.
* Two careless and imprudent driving.
* 406 speeding summonses.
* 187 seat belt summonses.
* Four Child restraint summonses
* Two stop sign summonses.
* Two commercial vehicle summonses.
* Two hazardous moving summonses.
* 18 non-moving summonses.
* 16 drivers licenses summonses.
* 17 uninsured motorists summonses.
* Five misdemeanor drug arrests.
* Four misdemeanor warrant arrests.
* One traffic signal device summons.
Chadwick said officers provided assistance to 82 motorists.
"We are very pleased that we did not experience a fatal traffic crash in Troop G this Labor Day holiday weekend. And please continue to drive safely and always wear a seat belt," Captain Chadwick said.