The chain saw is one of the most efficient and productive power tools used for debris clean up. If used improperly it can be dangerous. To avoid harm, follow these simple instructions:
* Survey the job at hand and plan your task.
* Keep both hands on the chainsaw handles.
* Keep your eye on the blade and what you are cutting.
* Cut only on the right side of your body.
* Always cut below your head.
* Cut with the lower edge of the saw blade whenever possible. Cutting with the tip of the saw is inviting injury.
* Watch out when cutting limbs and branches that are bent, they may snap back and hit you.
* Let the chainsaw do the work. Don't try to force the saw.
* Wear protective clothing; a hard hat, goggles, safety shoes, gloves and trim-fitting clothes.
Don't wear yourself out. Stay alert.