Salem Elementary School will have kindergarten pre-registration on Friday, April 30, in the kindergarten classrooms from 8:30 a.m. until 2 p.m. Children must be five years old on or before Aug. 15, 2010.
The state requires the following information before a student may enter school:
* A legal birth certificate from the Bureau of Vital Statistics in the state where the child was born. Please note that hospital certificates will not be accepted. Application forms for birth certificates will be available on registration day.
* A Social Security card
* A complete immunization record to include:
1. DPaT/DPT/Td (at least four doses, with one dose being after the student's 4th birthday)
2. Polio - three doses (one dose must be after the student's 4th birthday)
3. MMR (Two doses, one dose must be after the student's 1st birthday, second dose at least 28 days after the first dose was given)
4. Hepatitis B - three doses
5. Varicella - two doses
* Comprehensive and developmental physical examination
Parents are encouraged to bring all documents in their possession with them when they register their child. Application forms for birth certificates and physical examination forms will be available on registration day.
Parents who are unable to attend registration day are asked to call the school on or before April 30 at 870-895-2456, so the school can adequately prepare for next year's kindergarten class.