[Nameplate] Overcast ~ 57°F  
High: 68°F ~ Low: 51°F
Monday, May 2, 2016

Family endures second house fire in nine years

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Photo by Niki de Soto Firefighters work to put out the fire that engulfed this home at 950 Indian Trails Road. The family discovered the flames after returning from a morning shopping trip.
The Chase family at 950 Indian Trails Road returned from a morning of shopping to find their home engulfed in smoke and flames.

A concerned citizen who had been passing by saw the smoke and started to use a garden hose to try to hold back the flames.

The Glencoe, Salem and Ash Flat fire departments responded to the call along with local EMS personnel.

No one was injured in the fire, and the family was able to rescue their dog and several cats from the structure. In 2001, the family lost everything in another house fire.

Note: The nature of the Internet makes it impractical for our staff to review every comment. If you feel that a comment is offensive, please Login or Create an account first, and then you will be able to flag a comment as objectionable. Please also note that those who post comments on areawidenews.com may do so using a screen name, which may or may not reflect a website user's actual name. Readers should be careful not to assign comments to real people who may have names similar to screen names. Refrain from obscenity in your comments, and to keep discussions civil, don't say anything in a way your grandmother would be ashamed to read.

We would like to thank all those who responded. Especially our neighbor Larry, who turned off the power and started using the garden hose to start knocking the fire down.

The EMT lady that responded was concerned about one of our cats. That cat has now recoverd completely, as have all the others.

Again, thanks to all the volunteers.

The Chase Family

-- Posted by foundbro on Tue, Jun 1, 2010, at 6:11 PM

Respond to this story

Posting a comment requires free registration: