Dinett was suspected of drowning July 7 near Buford Beach in Hardy, where his body was recovered with the aid of divers and underwater cameras July 8.
State Associate Medical Examiner Daniel Dye told the Sheriff's Department he found no water in the boy's lungs or stomach to be indicitive of a drowning death, but instead ruled the accidental choking.
The report said food was found stuck in Dinett's throat, causing suffocation. The accidental cause of death was ruled as chocking due to aspiration of food and terminal submersion as a contributing factor.
Members of the victim's family told investigators Dinett had eaten several hours before he was last seen.