When you go to battle against a formidable enemy, it helps to have all the knowledge you can find.
Feral or wild hogs are a foe to most Arkansans, especially owners and managers of land with sizeable amounts of woods, pastures and agricultural fields. The destructive hogs are hard to get a handle on, and it is virtually agreed by everyone that trapping is the way to reduce numbers of hogs rather than trying to do it by hunting.
Here are some Internet sources of information on dealing with wild hogs:
* Arkansas Game and Fish Commission, http://www.agfc.com/species/Pages/Specie...
* University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension Service, www.arnatural.org/feralhogs
* The Samuel Roberts Noble Foundation, http://noble.org/ag/wildlife/feralhogs
* Berryman Institute, http://www.berrymaninstitute.org/pdf/man...
* Animal and Plant Health Service, U.S. Department of Agriculture, http://www.aphis.usda.gov/wildlife_damag... .