In another personnel change, the council voted to approve Logan Lawrence to a full time position in the Water Department. Lawrence will be attending Water School for the next eight weeks.
The Thayer Police Department is planning to purchase a Dodge Charger for a patrol car, in order to replace a 2005 Crown Victoria it would like to sell. The council also voted to complete the annual certification of radar units which, will cost approximately $350.
In other news...
* The June financial report, bills paid, and bills to be paid were approved.
The total bills for the month were approximately $167,330.17.
* Also approved by the council were the June court reports and Fire Department minutes. Court receipts totaled $3,524,63.
* In order to make a safe fall zone around the community park swings, the council approved the purchase of mulch for approximately $1,200.
* The purchase of four new tires for the Police Department's Tahoe was approved. The tires will cost approximately $1,252.
* A booster pump for chlorine gas ($1,700) and parts to repair lines ($500) were approved for purchase for the Water Department.
* The council also approved the purchases of parts and equipment for the Waste Water Treatment Plant including a 2HP Lift Station Pump ($1,650), lab supplies ($400), a gas alert gas detector ($995), a five gallon bucket sewer shot ($300), and a submersible pump ($995) .
* The Electric Department received approval to purchase a high energy tracer for $300 and seven single phase pole-mount transformers for $4,465.
* The Street Department received approval to purchases $2,000 worth of patching material.