Richard Andrew Cloward and Frances Fox Piven are professors of sociology at Columbia University. Together, they published a plan in 1966 known as the Cloward-Pivan Strategy calling for the destruction of capitalism in America by collapsing the economy, creating social chaos and nationalizing many private institutions.
According to many sources, including Wayne Allyn Root, a classmate of Barack Obama at Columbia University in 1983, President Obama is using the Cloward-Pivan strategy to destroy capitalism and replace it with authoritarian socialism, whereby a majority of citizens would need government on order to survive, thereby ensuring their continued vote for bigger government.
Various actions would take place to accomplish this goal.
1) Universal health care -- This will add trillions of dollars to the national debt, helping to collapse the economy. It will add 15,000 to 20,000 new IRS employees, adding to government employee unions. It will lead to unionizing millions of health care workers. It will add 30 million people to a "free" health care system, thereby adding 30 million people to the roles of those supporting big government. All intended to create bigger government with more people depending on government.
2) Cap and Trade -- This has nothing to do with global warming, if it even exists. It is a scheme for the redistribution of income, gives government more sources of revenue and more control over the economy.
3) Stimulus and bailouts -- Follow the money. Money went to AIG to bail out Goldman Sachs which contributed $1 million to the Obama campaign. Money went to GM and Chrysler to ensure employees continue to pay union dues, thereby ensuring political support. Money went to teachers, a whopping $125 billion, once again protecting unions. Government grows bigger, the national debt becomes unsustainable and the socialists remain in power by securing more support.
4) Taxes -- Raising the tax burden on high income earners, small business and job creators, thereby slowing the economy through less job creation and adding to the national debt. Another ploy to redistribute the income -- punish success, reward complacency.
5) Legalize illegal immigrants -- Another source of political support. 12 million potential new citizens, adding a few trillion dollars to the social welfare burden. Another scheme to bankrupt America and increase the size of government.
6) Crisis management -- Create crisis after crisis and distraction after distraction. Overwhelm the senses. Create an atmosphere whereby people will demand solutions by those who caused the problems in the first place.
It is all unfolding before our eyes. A growing privileged class of public employees who work for and support big government, which is dedicated to destroying free enterprise. Socialist/Marxist rulers overwhelming the system in order to take over and be in control forever.
This form of socialist collectivism, which has failed miserably elsewhere, places the underachiever above the achiever, discourages innovation, curtails incentive to succeed, stagnates the economy and oppresses anyone who objects. Government becomes a suffocating organism that continues to expand, requiring obedience, bleeding the life out of its subjects, destroying individual freedom, spreading despair and enslaving the masses.
Driving the nation into financial ruin in order to increase the size and scope of the central government, thereby securing a stranglehold on power by forcing more and more people to be dependent on a monolithic central bureaucracy, is an insidious nightmare perpetrated by Chicago-style politicians who adhere to the principal of rewarding supporters and punishing opponents. Instead of bringing the country together, they are tearing it apart.
In this great land, we are entitled to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.
We do not work for the government, it works for us.
The history of the world is one long battle for freedom -- a battle that continues to this day.
Quote for the Day -- "You never want a serious crisis to go to waste." Rahm Emanuel (White House Chief of Staff to President Obama)
Bret Burquest is an award-winning columnist and author of four novels. He lives in the Ozark Mountains with a dog named Buddy Lee and where freedom is another word for nothing else to lose. His blogs appear on several websites, including www.myspace.com/bret1111