- MDC reports 14,555 deer taken during alternative-methods portionTop harvest counties were Franklin, Callaway, and Osage. Preliminary data from the Missouri Department of Conservation (MDC) shows that deer hunters in Missouri harvested 14,555 deer during the alternative-methods portion of the firearms deer season, Dec. 26 - Jan. 5. Top harvest counties were Franklin with 318 deer harvested, Callaway with 317, and Osage with 298...
- Local high school basketball reports (1/13/21)
- Cold stress: Why you need to recognize it (1/6/21)
- Local high school basketball reports (1/6/21)
- Learn about white bass fishing at MDC virtual program (1/6/21)
- Missouri State Parks announces 2021 round for outdoor recreation grants (12/30/20)
- Local high school basketball reports (12/30/20)
Column: House of Representatives (11/18/20)The 2021 Regular Session begins in less than two months. We want to take this week to update you on the ongoing budget hearings in preparation for the session. Pre-session budget hearings have been...
Column: Capitol Week in Review (11/18/20)The governor presented a balanced budget proposal to the legislature for next fiscal year. It would authorize about $5.8 billion next year in spending from the state’s general revenue fund, about...
Column: Legislative Win for Conservation (11/18/20)Arkansas is blessed with a wonderful landscape and incredible wildlife that people from all across the country come to our state to enjoy. Preserving and protecting our environment is vital to...
DEATH NOTICES (1/13/21)Ricky Johnson, 70, of Mammoth Spring, Ark., died Dec. 26, 2020 in Salem. Arrangements are under the direction of Barker Funeral Home in Salem. Myreda Jo Smith, 79, of Salem, Ark., died Dec. 28, 2020...
Harold “Bud” Ellis (1/13/21)Harold “Bud” Ellis, 84, of Hardy, passed away Sunday, Jan. 3, 2021 at his home. He was born Dec. 26, 1936 in Little Rock to Harvey and Myrtle (McKenzie) Ellis. Harold worked as a commercial painter...
Loretta Ann Young (1/13/21)Loretta Ann Young, 79 of Henderson, Ark., passed away Jan. 2, 2021 in Mountain Home, Ark. She was born on Dec. 25, 1941 in West Allis, Wis. to Theodore and Irene (Lindner) Schulist and was one of six...
Commercial Property RentalCOMMERICAL SPACE for rent, approximately 600sq ft. on 4-lane in Highland, Hwy. 62-412, or call Bill (941)356-0217.
Rural Real Estate3-1, CONNER LOT nicely remodeled home. Central heat and air, hardwood floors, 2-car carport, $49,500. Morgan Realty, LLC, (417)264-4900. Listings needed.
PersonalsI WOULD certainly hope the American people can see Donald Trump for what he really is and the house Republicans and Senate Republicans are just as responsible for what happened in Washington as Donald Trump and Rick Crawford included. Ad paid for by John Byler, Melbourne.
Help WantedPART TIME Office manager needed, Sharp County area, Monday, Tuesday and Friday, 10 to 12 hours per week. Minimum wage. Background check, drug free, and reliable. References required. Apply in person at Areawide Media, 388 Hwy. 62-412, Salem, AR.